Seite auswählen

US healthcare group Baxter has taken over dialysis specialist Gambro from Swedish investment company Investor AB and private equity company EQT. For this, both associates have signed an agreement. Investor AB holds a share of 49% in Gambro since 2006. Formerly, Gambro was divided into the partial sectors Gambro Healthcare (dialysis clinics), CaridianBCT (blood technology) and Gambro (dialysis equipment). EQT holds are share of the remaining 51%.

According to Investor AB the company value adds up to SEK 26.5bn (approx. $4bn).

With this acquisition the US company based in Deerfield wants to expand its portfolio with regards to dialysis. In the course of the takeover Baxter will add products from its peritoneal and home dialysis treating acute and chronic haemodialysis (HD).

Comment: With this acquisition Baxters strenghtens its position in the dialysis market with regards to Fresenius subsidiary Fresenius Medical Care (FMC). Recently, FMC came up with a growth in sales of 8% up to EUR 7.882bn. Global market leader FNC has already taken over the third largest US dialysis provider Liberty Dialysis this year. Furthermore, FNC has strenghtened its position on the Turkish market by acquiring Ren-Med Diyalizund.

Both Baxter and FMC could profite from the growing dialysis market: experts expect an annual growth of about 6% with regards to dialysis patients worldwide.

[ilink url=“http://www.eqt.se/en/Media/Container/EQT-and-Investor-to-sell-Gambro-to-Baxter1/“] Link to source (EQT)[/ilink]